Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jack Frost

The snow has arrived in the great state of Alaska! On Sunday night I saw snow falling on our side of the mountains just in my backyard. Last night it was actually snowing little flurries outside my door! I got out of the shower at about 8:30 last night and went to close my window and there were flakes blowing about in the wind! I was so excited I ran out of my room in my towel and down the hall of our building telling all the other teachers that it was indeed snowing for the first time in Nome :) I also apologized for catching anyone off guard by being in my towel. Today during our 10:30 recess at school there were again snowflakes blowing around. It was so exciting. The kids were running around with their tongues hanging out and I couldn't help but smile ear to ear. Snow in September, I never would have thought! I am in love with Alaska. Send me my boots and snowshoes Minnesota because winter is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment