Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Connected!

Ladies and Gentlemen! I have been connected to the world! That's right, I officially have an Alaskan cell phone and internet at my place of residence. I am so thrilled to be able to connect with the world outside of Nome. So if you need my new number ask my mama or email me and I'll send it to you. I just don't want to post it for the world to see. So I'm connected and have facebook again which is fantastic! 

Today I was introduced to yet another Nome one of a kind and must see. The women's shelter thrift shop is open Tues/Thurs for just an hour and you can fill either a plastic grocery bag for $4, a black garbage back for $6, or a box for $8. I split a bag with another lady and got two pairs of jeans, one pair of sweats, two button ups, a nice sweater, and goofy jacket for Kimmy that I could not pass up, and a sari. Sadly, the jeans were too short so I gave them to my short neighbor and she was very thankful. It was a great trip! I'll have to hit up the rummage sale on Saturday at the senior center to try and find some boots. Everyone seems to find great boots around here at the rummage sale. My feet are getting wet in all this rain. It rains almost every day here and its getting colder already. I'm excited for snow :) Winter in Nome is going to be beautiful. 

Also...still looking for a 4 wheeler so either someone send me one or give me tips on what to look for!

~baby alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment